Camaweigh Hydraulic Lifts
Hydraulic scissor lifts are heavy duty industrial equipment which is used to lift up heavy objects. Depending on the design, some hydraulic scissor lifts can reach height of up to 20 feet or more. Hydraulic scissor lifts or hydraulic lift tables are an important piece of industrial equipment for any warehouse or storing facility. The ability of these hydraulic lift tables to lift humans and objects up to great heights makes work easier and efficient in many work aspects. Hydraulic scissor lifts can increase the productivity and efficiency of a company’s operations.
How Do Hydraulic Lifts Work
Hydraulic scissor lifts work under the principal of hydraulics or the use of fluids to power different applications. Hydraulic systems make use of pressurized fluids to power different machines and mechanisms. The fluids under pressure are pressed even more which creates a huge amount of force. For hydraulic lift tables, oil is usually used as the fluid under pressure. In order to lift up the machine, the oil inside a sealed cylinder is pushed or compressed by a pump; this creates a great amount of force which can lift large amounts of weight vertically. The suspension systems of vehicles are good example of hydraulic systems. Vehicle suspensions systems help ease the bounce of a vehicle to provide a smooth ride experience. Camaweigh offers different types of scissor lifts depending on their vertical height capacity. Customers can choose from single, double, three, and four scissor lift tables.
Components of a Hydraulic Scissor Lift
1. Base – The base of hydraulic lift tables are same dimension as the platform itself. Dimensions of the base may vary but is usually the same dimension with the platform. Hydraulic lifts are equipped with rollers which makes it easier to transport them. These rollers have a locking system to hold them in place while the hydraulic scissor lift is being used.
2. Platform – The platform is where people and objects can be put on. Depending on the design of the hydraulic lift, it may have different shapes and sizes. Also the thickness of the platform may also vary, mostly depending on the predicted weights the hydraulic scissor lift is to be used on. These platforms are made from hardened steel because it needs to withstand heavy loads.
3. Scissor Legs – They are called scissor legs because they look like scissors and function like scissors. The hydraulic lifts are lifted when the scissor legs are compressed together and they descend when scissor legs open up.
4. Hydraulic Cylinders - Hydraulic cylinders are enclosed pressurized containers which have fluid inside, usually oil. These are compressed, which then lift up the hydraulic lift tables and decompress to bring them back down. Depending on the type of hydraulic scissor lift, they can have more hydraulic cylinders.
5. Electric Motor - These motors are responsible for compressing the hydraulic cylinders. These motors should be powerful enough to compress the compress the cylinders.
Advantages of Hydraulic Lifts
1. Vertical Reach – Hydraulic scissor lifts can reach heights of up to 50 feet depending on the design.
2. Stability and Safety – Hydraulic lifts provide safe means for lifting up humans and objects to great heights while being safe enough. Hydraulic lift tables tend to have bigger and wider bases to provide better stability at when the lift is up to greater heights. Camaweigh’s hydraulic scissor lifts are built with the highest quality of materials.
3. Added Safety Features – Modern hydraulic lifts have added safety feature which ensure nothing goes wrong when they are being used. Camaweigh’s hydraulic scissor lifts have a pressure relief valve which prevents overload.